Is it safe to go for a dip?
- lake – a large area of water that is surrounded by land
- evidence – something which shows that something else is present
- pool – short for “swimming pool”: a large a large hole in the ground that has been filled with water so that people can swim in it
- unlikely – probably not
- beach – an area covered with sand or small rocks that is next to an ocean or lake
- deck – a flat wooden area next to a pool, where people can sit and relax
- common areas – places which are used by all people, such as corridors, hallways, lobby, pool, toilets
- bathroom – a room in a public place with a toilet and sink
- a cannonball – here: bommetje!
So you want to go for a swim.
- What’s the good news?
- What’s the bad news?
- Why are common areas around lakes and pools a problem?
- Who is David Ackerman?